Monday, June 8, 2015

Our World: Misspelled Products

I have to shake my head in disbelief when I see merchandise with misspelled words being unloaded in countries where English is not the native language.  A Saudi couple was trying to figure out what these mugs said so I stopped and explained that they were misspelled and that "gombing" is not a word.  They decided not to buy the mugs.  I have a friend here who told me that her Saudi in-laws bought wallpaper for their home with misspelled words on it.  I personally think that merchandise with mistakes like this should be destroyed.


Be sure to visit OUR WORLD TUESDAY, where family-friendly bloggers share a unique glimpse into what life is like all around our ever-amazing planet.

5 comments:

Judy said...

I am trying to figure out what it was supposed to say.

Jerry Mc Kenna said...

It looks like it is supposed to be a mustache cup, so gombing is probably combing, even if the phrase 'thanks for combing' makes no sense here.

William Kendall said...

I would have to agree with you.

Susie of Arabia said...

It's definitely one of those epic fails. Maybe it was intended to be a play on words of "Thanks for Coming" or something. I have no idea.

Bill said...

At least this is relatively harmless, if bizarre and confusing. Unfortunately the same cannot always be said in places like Japan or sometimes in China where I have seen young women wearing t-shirts with extremely rude and incongruous words in English jumbled across the front - I imagine these young women have absolutely no idea what these words mean and would be horrified if they did.