Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Where I belong - With My Husband


While Saudi Arabia isn't exactly on my Top Ten List of Places I Want to Live, it has been my home for the past 8 years, and life here isn't so bad.  The first couple of years were pretty hard adjusting to the way of life here and being so far away from my family and friends.  But life has gotten better and easier here in Saudi Arabia, especially in the transportation department, since women are not allowed to drive in this country.  I don't have a personal driver like some lucky women here do, but the advent of easy to use transport companies such as Uber, Careem, and EasyTaxi have had a tremendous impact in the lives of many women here in KSA, myself included.

Today is the first of the month, which means it's theme day for City Daily Photo bloggers.  City Daily Photo is an online community of photo bloggers from around the world,  sharing the wonders of their area of the world pictorially with   others.  Each month there is a different theme.  This month's theme is "Where I Belong."  I chose this photo because my place is with my husband, and this is where he wants to be for now.  So this is where I belong, alongside my hubby of 38 years.

Please visit the City Daily Photo portal to view other participants' entries for today's theme day of "Where I Belong."


5 comments:

William Kendall said...

Great portrait of the two of you!

Gaelyn said...

You look happy. Sure glad life is getting easier there for you.

Dina said...

Very nicely said (and nicely photographed), ya Susie.

Pat said...

That's a lovely post, Susie, and I understand what you mean. I too am an ex-pat, 39 years in Serbia, and lost my husband 8 years ago....still here because this is where I belong. I did, however, post something a bit different on my blog today, so perhaps have a look at my post.

Gunn said...

I agree with William. :-)