Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Our World: Jeddah Traffic


There are many weird things that I see happening in traffic in Jeddah all the time that I haven't seen in other countries that I have been to.  This photo shows a driving phenomenon in Saudi Arabia that always miffs me.  The car in the center is actually waiting at a red light in front of several lanes of traffic that you can see behind him.  I have seen other cars do this practically every day. I've even seen cars drive onto the sidewalk in order to gain this position at a red light.  Enforcement of traffic laws in the kingdom seems to be non-existent.  The lack of traffic enforcement in Saudi Arabia is being used as one of the many eye-rolling reasons given why women shouldn't be allowed to drive in this country.




Be sure to visit OUR WORLD TUESDAY, where family-friendly bloggers share a unique glimpse into what life is like all around our ever-amazing planet.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

A ludicrous justification.

Jerry Mc Kenna said...

This kind of behavior used to be very common around the world.