Friday, December 7, 2012

SkyWatch: KAUST Mosque Minarets

King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a public research university located about an hour's drive north of Jeddah in the seaport village of Thuwal.  Opened in 2009, KAUST offers graduate and post graduate degrees in many of the science fields such as biology, environment, and computers.  The minarets in this photo are part of the King Abdullah Grand Mosque on the KAUST grounds.

To visit MORE friendly skies around the world, fly on over to SKYWATCH where you’ll find beautiful skies posted by bloggers all over the world.

3 comments:

Dina said...

Very elegant.

Susie of Arabia said...

Hi Dina - I think so too. I had such a difficult time choosing which shot to use because they were all so beautiful!

Dina said...

Nice that science and religion are together here.

I know what you mean. I am always breaking the one photo a day rule of City Daily Photo because I can't decide what NOT to share.