Friday, June 7, 2013

SkyWatch: Cosmos Sculpture

My husband is always miffed because I keep taking photos of the same subjects all the time.  I tell him that I am trying to get a better photo of the same subject and that time of day, weather, and angle can make a huge difference.  And when most of my photos are taken from inside a moving car without any time to set up my shots, many times I just have to settle for what I can manage to get. 

This photo is of one of Jeddah's famous public art sculptures called The Cosmos.  I have published photos of this work of art before but when I saw the effects of the sun on this picture, I couldn't resist posting it.  The Cosmos is the work of Ottmar Hollmann, a German sculptor who created many beautiful art pieces for the city of Jeddah.  The Cosmos is one of Jeddah's largest public art sculptures and ranks as one of  the largest sculptures in the entire world too.  To learn more interesting tidbits about this masterpiece, CLICK HERE.




To visit MORE friendly skies around the world, fly on over to SKYWATCH where you’ll find beautiful skies posted by bloggers all over the world.

1 comment:

Jerry Mc Kenna said...

I cannot imagine what your husband would think of my picture taking. I can take 30 or 40 of the same subject.