Tuesday, November 1, 2016

JDP Theme Day: Out of Focus


At night Saudi Arabia becomes alive with neon.  It's always hard to capture good shots from moving vehicles at night because the lights always smear.  I have a hard time getting rid of those out of focus shots though because I find many of them beautiful and artistic.  This photo features the neon lights of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia's capital city.

Today is the first of the month, which means it's theme day for City Daily Photo bloggers.  City Daily Photo is an online community of photo bloggers from around the world, sharing the wonders of their area of the world pictorially with others.  Each month there is a different theme.  This month's theme is "Out of Focus."  I had such a difficult time choosing just one photo for today's theme that I've decided to feature several more out of focus shots over the next few days.

Please visit the City Daily Photo portal to view other participants' entries for today's theme day of "Out of Focus."

15 comments:

William Kendall said...

It works wonderfully for the theme!

Sharon said...

I love this! It's very artistic!

Dina said...

I see what you mean. This is really a nice picture.

Stuart said...

That's a terrific shot. Fits the theme perfectly but would be terrific on any day. Thanks for visiting ADP today.

LOLfromPasa said...

The colors jump right off my computer screen. Super image.

Gerald (SK14) said...

neon at night creates great effects

wilf said...

What can I say? A beautiful, vibrant, out of focus shot! Well done! look forward to see the other out of focus photos you have....:)

Lois said...

I do like all the different colors! Great choice for the theme.

Jack said...

Looks very good to me. Next time you are the passenger at night, try doing this also with a slow shutter speed and manually turn the lens out of focus. That could have fascinating results. You might even move the camera in a pattern. Psychedelic!

Kate said...

Neon lighted at night appears to lend itself to a creative rendition for the theme.

Carraol said...

Love these kind of night shots, strong and colorful!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Totally agree Susie, out of focus images can look fab, especially as here, when colourful lights are involved!

Bill said...

I like the neon in this photo, it works well with the theme. Thanks for stopping by blog.
Have a wonderfl day.

Halcyon said...

I really like this one! What a nice flash of color!

Nathalie H.D. said...

I really like your "out of focus" series. I suppose it's one of the benefits of living in a country where women aren't allowed to drive, you have plenty of opportunities to take pictures while someone else is at the wheel.

I hope you're well.