Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Beautiful Qurans

Last week I featured some beautiful stands made specifically for reading the Quran (or Koran), the holy book of Islam. Today's photos were taken in the same shop. They are beautiful Korans that come in a variety of colors decorated in intricate gold leaf designs.

Simpler, not so elegant versions of the Quran are also available.  They are also available in different sizes as well.   



 This post linke to - 

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY   

THROUGH MY LENS

5 comments:

Tom said...

...they are quite ornate.

Marie Smith said...

I have never seen one. Thank you for sharing.

Stevenson Q said...

Oh I love the covers of these Qurans! I bought a Quran on my trip to Indonesia and I was so lucky to get one in English because we don't have those here. I hope I can read it someday :)

William Kendall said...

I like the patterns.

At Home In New Zealand said...

It is good to see the people in your country holding to their religious beliefs as so many here have discarded their beliefs. It would be almost unheard of to see bibles displayed like you show here.