Friday, December 12, 2014

SkyWatch: Jeddah Sculpture The Wave


Jeddah is home to many unusual and bigger than life sculptures that surprise and delight residents of the city.  This mosaic tiled sculpture is called The Wave.  It is actually one of two identical sculptures in Jeddah by Mustafa Senbel, an Egyptian artist commissioned to make about thirty works of art for the City of Jeddah.  Here are several more of Senbel's artwork that I have featured on my blog:  The Fisherman's Net;  Dialogue;  The Seagull;   Two Vases;  Sunrise and Beach Themes;  Sails;  Builder's Plumbline;  The Fisherman's Net II;  The Fountain of Shells;  The Wave;  Desalination Pipes.

Many of Jeddah's sculptures have undergone repair and restoration recently due to wear and tear by the harsh elements of Jeddah's climate.  Here is an interesting video you might enjoy which features some of the sculptures and scenes from Jeddah.







To  visit MORE friendly skies around the world, fly on over to SKYWATCH  where you’ll find beautiful skies posted by bloggers all over the world.













3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite imposing!

Jerry Mc Kenna said...

I looks almost a much like a sea monster as it does a wave.

Khadijah said...

Somehow I lost my connection with my sisters in KSA, perhaps when American Bedu passed? I once dreamed of living there but that is not to be.