Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Our World: Swinging in Jeddah


Earlier this year, I wrote about an incident that involved women swinging on swings in Saudi Arabia being advised by religious policemen that they shouldn't swing in public because it opens them up for harassment.  So it makes me happy when I see Saudi women enjoying themselves, doing things like swinging, despite the fear of being harassed by the religious police or other men.





 




Be sure to visit OUR WORLD TUESDAY, where family-friendly bloggers share a unique glimpse into what life is like all around our ever-amazing planet.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing more freeing than swinging on a swing with your own thoughts...

Good Luck to them, enjoy the moment.

Sally from Sydney

William Kendall said...

Just reading the words religious police make me all the more glad to be agnostic.

Life Images by Jill said...

you have such an interesting blog about a life I can't imagine living in. Thank you for the insight.
Have a great week. I am joining you over at Our World Tuesday.

NCSue said...

"Religious police" - the concept makes me shudder. And with all due respect to Mr. Kendall above, "religious police" aren't invented by God, but by man. How sad that we should even contemplate such a concept.

Great photo - and I'm so glad to see these women having fun!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Good for those women!

Joyful said...

So glad they could enjoy a few moments of child like joy. x