Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Jeddah - Friendly Saudi Women


One thing I love about living in Saudi Arabia is its people. Saudis are very warm, gracious, generous, and welcoming.  Frequently I am approached by Saudi women who ask me if they can take a photo with me, ask me where I am from, etc., and they like to chit chat a bit about a variety of things. When I first moved here, I used to think the niqab (the face veil that many Saudi women wear) meant that they wanted to be left alone, but I have come to realize that it doesn't mean that at all. I wish the rest of the world could know the Saudi people the way I have been able to... 

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

A terrific shot!

Anonymous said...

Fully agree

Hafsa said...

Yes, Saudi women are very friendly and wearing hijab does not matter :)
I like your blog Susie a lot although I don't comment so much. Keep Posting!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your positive impression about Saudis.