Tuesday, February 16, 2021

SAUDI SOUVENIR - PLAYING CARDS

A favorite souvenir that I like to take back as gifts for people back home are these cool playing cards.  Even though they are made in India, they are unique in that the face cards are dressed in Middle Eastern garb.  Each suit is clothed differently. The back of the cards can be found in a variety of colorful designs and each set also comes in a plastic case which is inside the box.

KING IN ARAB HEADGEAR & QUEEN IN FACE VEIL






AREN'T THEY BEAUTIFUL?



For those of you in Jeddah who are interested, these playing cards can be found in many small shops around the city.  Ask for the NAP brand that says ARABIA on the box or just show the clerk this photo. I've seen them in red, blue, and gold.

LINKING TO - 

OUR WORLD TUESDAY

MY CORNER OF THE WORLD

SOUVENIRS

ALL SEASONS

PICTORIAL TUESDAY

17 comments:

William Kendall said...

Those are neat!

Marie Smith said...

What a unique gift. Love it.

Tom said...

...they are beautiful.

Sharon Wagner said...

Yes, beautiful. Great gift idea. I wish I remembered more cards games. I used to love to play.

Susie of Arabia said...

Thanks, William - I really love giving them as gifts. They aren't very expensive, but they are special.

kwarkito said...

very beautiful cards !

Jeanne said...

Cool deck of cards!

Villrose said...

They are different, but still the same! Cool.

Lillian "sognafaret" said...

Amazing hobby

Pisi Prkl said...

That´s Fantastic, I like them a lot. Would be so cool to play with them. Thank You for sharing!

lesh Stgermain said...

Those are cool cards Susie, and tastefully done! Many thanks for sharing them with All Seasons. Talking about Seasons, we are now in an unprecedented freeze to 4 deg. F, 6 inches of snow and power outages, so I am doing this in the 40 minutes our area gets power! Hope you are doing well:) Jesh

Peabea Scribbles said...

Would be distracting to play cards with because I'd be looking at them. But would be fun to use. So neat designs. Thanks for sharing.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What a brilliant idea as gifts Susie, the cards are beautifully illustrated 💜

betty-NZ said...

How awesome is that! Something that I would never have thought about having a different sort of clothing. Thanks for sharing. I know the recipients love them.

It's great to see your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

Lady Fi said...

Oh, I love them!

tundina said...

They are perfect gifts! In which shop can I find them in Jeddah? I cannot find them in Yanbu. Thank you!

Susie of Arabia said...

Hi Tundina - I have seen them in many small shops. I would suggest asking in the shops and showing them the photo of what the box looks like. I've seen the boxes in red, blue and gold.