Monday, May 16, 2022

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES


When I moved to Saudi Arabia in 2007, sight unseen, I knew my life would be changed forever. But what I never expected was to completely and utterly fall in love with the Saudi people and its culture. 


It took me a while to accept and get used to many things about life here.  Early on I could never see myself being happy living here long term. 
Without realizing exactly when it happened, I grew to love this wondrous and mysterious land and appreciate the simplicity, history, generosity and goodness that it had to offer.


Saudi Arabia has been my home for the past fifteen years - and now it's time to say goodbye. Over the years I've made extraordinary  friendships, mostly through my blogging, that I will cherish forever. 


I'm proud that I've been able to help others in navigating this land of contradictions, fascination, and enchantment.  But now that I won't be living here any more, I feel it's time to hang up my blogging hat. 


So I just want to say "Thank you, Saudi Arabia!" for always making me feel safe and welcome wherever I went. Thank you for opening my eyes and my heart to your ways and wisdom.  


Thank you to my wonderful husband for changing my life forever for the better by taking me on this amazing adventure with him.


Thank you to my readers who were as inquisitive and interested in this wondrous place as I was. And thank you to my friends who included me in their outings and made it easier for me to be able to explore this country.


It's been an amazing ride. I will leave a big piece of my heart here when I leave in the coming days.  


There is so much more I could say but I'll just let these photos say it for me.











 

































Good bye - until we meet again!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing farewell. Good luck and safe journeys.

sillygirl said...

Love all your photos - welcome back to Washington State.

Marie Smith said...

Thank you for being such a good ambassador for Saudi Arabia and helping me understand the country and its people more than I did. Best wishes to you for the future!

Elephant's Child said...

Andrew sent me here. Huge thanks to him and to you. I love that you will hold a piece of Saudi Arabia in your heart forever.

Maggid said...

💙💙💙💙💙 x infinity.
-g-

William Kendall said...

Thank you for presenting this place to us.

MurciaDailyPhoto said...

Nice to see that land from your eyes. Now it is your time to write a novel about your experiences and, who knows, a movie.

Deedine said...

I want to thank you for all of the wonderful pictures through the years. They have been a bit of a return to my childhood, although things have greatly changed since I lived there! I moved to Jeddah in 1962 at 9 months old, my father worked for TWA in Kansas City and moved there to work for Saudia Arabian Air Lines. I live there 16 years, returning to the states for the summer and some holidays, sadly I had to to leave for boarding school because the English speaking school, P.C.S. in Jeddah only went to the 9th grade. My father lived and worked there 32 years. We loved living there and I miss it still. All the kids that I grew up with there think we had the greatest childhoods ever. Thank you for the pictures and best of luck with your next chapter in life. Susan R.