Monday, May 27, 2013

Jeddah: Inside a Textile Souk

Clothing, carpets, and handicrafts are available in textile shops like this one in Jeddah.  I got a kick out of seeing the handwoven piece of the US flag in the lower left corner - I certainly didn't expect to see something like that here.  The other one in the lower middle also made me chuckle because Lebanon is misspelled, something that I found on many carpets and other items in the Turkish-Afghani souk.  CLICK HERE FOR A MAP to this Jeddah souk where you can find baskets, carpets, furniture, clothing, handicrafts,jewelry, and many other traditional handicrafts.

5 comments:

Karl said...

Oh... carpets... wonderful handicrafts, my dreams!

Karl said...

Hi Susie, please disable the word verification, that is so annoying...
The manual approval is enough to fight spammers.
(Do not publish this comment, please).

Anonymous said...

does it say "Labenon"

Susie of Arabia said...

Yes, it says "Labenon." I saw many textiles there with misspellings on them.

Susie of Arabia said...

Hi Karl - It was really a dream shopping in this area of Jeddah. One shop after another - very interesting, filled with treasures.