Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Our World: Driving in Saudi Arabia

Since I am a woman, I cannot drive a car in Saudi Arabia.  But there was no one stopping me from driving this boat on the Red Sea!  In the background is the beach resort area north of Jeddah called Durrat al Aroos, which translates roughly to the best of the bride.  The seaport of Jeddah is known as the bride of the Red Sea.


Be sure to visit OUR WORLD TUESDAY, where family-friendly bloggers share a unique glimpse into what life is like all around our ever-amazing planet.



5 comments:

Jerry Mc Kenna said...

Do you see other women boating on the Red Sea?

Susie of Arabia said...

Hi Jerry - I haven't personally seen any other females driving boats in KSA, but I would think some do.

William Kendall said...

A good name for the seaport.

Amy said...

love it! do you miss not driving a car around or do you just get a taxi?

Su-sieee! Mac said...

You go!
Take 25 to Hollister