Saturday, April 21, 2018

Saudi Arabia Ramadan Decorations


Ramadan, the religious fasting month for Muslims, will begin in mid-May, and there are signs of the impending month long annual event at the malls now.  These first four photos show the festive decorations of  huge illuminated white globes, and shiny moons and stars, which can be seen at the Red Sea Mall.  




During Ramadan, the malls will be flooded with people and stores will promote gigantic sales, much like the Christmas season in the US. 


Below are more Ramadan holiday decorations from the Mall of Arabia.  Crescent moons and stars are typical symbols used to promote the Ramadan spirit, along with other designs.  I like the addition of the lights outlining the edges of this one.


 

When I took the photos of the large star and crescent moon shown above and below here, the displays weren't quite finished yet.  We walked by there again today and both were lit up with hundreds of gold lights and they looked quite spectacular.  I didn't have my camera with me, so I couldn't get pics, but hopefully I'll be by there again and get photos of them all lit up. 





I liked these crescent moons with trailing strings of lights.   And below is another shape that looks quite ornamental. 


Some families like to decorate at home now too. The last photo was taken inside a Saudi home and shows a banner with the typical red and blue design that many places decorate with for Ramadan and three large colorful hanging stars.  Isn't it festive?


1 comment:

William Kendall said...

I like the decorations.