Thursday, August 27, 2020

Mall Entrance Architecture


I think the design of the entrance to this mall was rather unusual with the blue glass cubes at the top, contrasting the curved front with pillars and all those large cement spheres. My thought is that the spheres are to protect the entrance from vehicles crashing into it - we have some crazy drivers here in Saudi Arabia!


To  visit MORE friendly skies around the world, fly on over to SKYWATCH  where you’ll find beautiful skies posted by bloggers all over the world.

6 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I’ve seen those spheres at other malls too. They would prevent anyone driving in there for sure.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Interesting shot. As you know, we have similar spheres here in the USA, it seems spaced a little closer together.

Lisa said...

There's a store in my town with those big concrete balls in front. I think they also deter the skateboarders and people pulling up too close to the doors to let out passengers.

William Kendall said...

That is unusual.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

A unique entrance. I agree with you, the large concrete spheres would keep cars from crashing into the building. Our local Target has something similar.

Sharon said...

I agree with you. Very unusual indeed.