Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Sweets for the Sweet Tooth


I adore looking in the bakery at the beautiful displays of cakes and other sweets.  Saudis in general have a real sweet tooth. 


Saudi hospitality dictates that sweets and tea or juice are automatically offered to guests.  So it's no surprise that diabetes and obesity contribute to health issues of the citizenry. 


My husband does not have a sweet tooth, but I do - but he's very good about not caving in to my cravings all the time.  Honestly I have found that these scrumptious looking treats oftentimes don't exactly taste as good as they look.  So I manage to find joy and satisfaction in just looking and taking photos!


This post is linked to My Corner of the World. Do check out the other posts from bloggers from all over the world. 
 
My Corner of the World

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I am rarely tempted by such sweets. My husband on the other hand...

Sharon said...

Wow, wow, wow! I see several that I would have a hard time passing up. I've been watching old Great British Baking Shows on Netflix lately and I'm so impressed by the elaborate bakes I see on that show.

William Kendall said...

A friend would really go for the Minion.

Karl said...

They all look delicious !