Thursday, October 22, 2020

Jeddah Sky Banners and Pretty Minaret

These shiny green and gold banners were up for the recent Saudi National Day. They caught the sunlight and flashed like crazy in the breeze.  

I love the dome and minaret of the mosque below, but unfortunately the empty lot next door is littered with trash - a common thing here in Saudi.  Sometimes it feels like the problem is getting better but there are still many pockets around the city of piles of rubble and unsightly garbage like this. 


 This post links to - SKYWATCH 
and 

5 comments:

Tom said...

...quite a show.

William Kendall said...

The minaret is quite impressive.

Marie Smith said...

Such a beautiful place, it’s too bad people don’t look after it better.

Trekking with Becky said...

I just discovered your blog - wow! I can't wait to see more. :) I had students from Saudi Arabia back in 2018, and they piqued my curiosity about it. I liked you on Facebook. :)

Stevenson Q said...

Now that Minaret is beautiful Suzie! Thank you so much for sharing this to Timeless Thursdays! Always loved having you on the linky. Takes me straight to Saudi Arabia on my desk :)