Friday, January 24, 2014

SkyWatch: Jeddah Art Week



Jeddah Art Week begins in just a few days, and this photo that I took is being used for all the promotions and announcements of the Art Week events.  The splash of yellow paint was manipulated into the photo by an artist.  I first published this photo without the coloring manipulation on this blog in June 2013.  I was thrilled to be contacted by an outfit in London asking for permission to use some of my photos for promoting Jeddah Art Week.

Yesterday morning my husband drove me down to the new open air sculpture museum, where many of Jeddah's refurbished and repaired sculptures that I love so much have been placed in their new permanent home.  The opening ceremony for Jeddah Art Week will be held there and I will be posting photos of the sculptures on this blog over the next few days in support of this wonderful weeklong event.  If you are in Jeddah, do try to attend the opening ceremony or any of the many events planned throughout the week.  Hope to see you there!  Click here for a map guide to the events. 



To visit MORE friendly skies around the world, fly on over to SKYWATCH where you’ll find beautiful skies posted by bloggers all over the world.

6 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Terrific, interesting capture for the day, Susie! And so good to see you online again!! Love your blue, blue skies!! Hope you have a lovely weekend!!

Photo Cache said...

Very nice. I can't wait to see what else is in store for the Art Week. I haven't seen you in a while. Glad to see you back.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on some of your photos being used. Like that splash of colour - a bit sad it's not for real though.

Susie of Arabia said...

Hi Sylvia - Thanks! I'm happy to be back. I missed blogging but it was a good break for me. Hope life is good with you.

Susie of Arabia said...

Hi Photo Cache - Thank you so much. I took over 400 photos yesterday at the new open air sculpture museum and I'm excited to get some of them out on the blog. It's nice to be back.

Susie of Arabia said...

Hi LadyFi - Thanks! I really liked the idea of adding the color to the photos too. I submitted about a dozen photos that they were interested in manipulating, so I'm anxious to see what else was done to them.