Monday, January 21, 2019

Our World: Door of Oldest School in City


This beautiful old green door is from the oldest boy's school in Jeddah.  Located in Al Balad, the oldest sector of the city, it is the school that my husband attended when he was a boy growing up in the area.  I believe the school is still operational, although many of the inhabitants have moved away to newer areas of the city.  The Quran stresses the importance of education.

A big "Thanks" to my friend and amazing photographer Abdullah Yahya for allowing me to share this beautiful photo for today's post.  Stay tuned for more fantastic pics from around Saudi Arabia taken by Abdullah.  Follow him on Instagram and Twitter @ayaa1977

Be sure to visit OUR WORLD TUESDAY, where family-friendly bloggers share a unique glimpse into what life is like all around our ever-amazing planet.


2 comments:

William Kendall said...

I like that shade of green.

Lady Fi said...

Now that is a beautiful door!