Friday, February 7, 2020

People in Old Jeddah


Everywhere I go in here, Saudi people will most often see me as a visitor to their country and they give me a big friendly smile and will go out of their way to say "Welcome to Saudi Arabia!" Many times I will ask if I can take their photo and they usually are very willing to oblige me. Very often they will ask to take my picture or to take a selfie with me, to which of course I willingly agree. 


A visit to Al Balad, the oldest sector of Jeddah, always guarantees a fun and fascinating time.  I always see new things and I am in awe, feeling as if I have stepped back in time. This is the time of year when I like to go because of the more comfortable weather.  Soon it will be too warm for me to go there. 


3 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Your blog really humanizes Saudi Arabia for me.

William Kendall said...

That first one is a wonderful portrait!

Susie of Arabia said...

Thanks, guys! I'm flattered.