Thursday, February 20, 2020

SkyWatch - Looking Up in Jeddah's Al Balad


The past couple of months, I have visited Jeddah's Old Town, called Al Balad, many times and at various times of the day and evening.  Looking back on my photos, I was struck by the variety of shots I got of differing skies.  The first photo was taken at the Blue Hour, when the day is drawing to a close and the sky seems to light up right before the darkness of the evening arrives.  I love the strong yellow and blue of this pic as well as the little puffs of clouds dotting the sky, seemingly being pointed out by the palm trees and the corner of building top.


This older building of Al Balad is currently being renovated. You can see how the roshan (wooden window coverings) are being supported by plywood. The cement facade of its walls have crumbled away in areas, exposing the crude brick undrneath. The overhang from a neighboring building adds a framing effect to that side of the photo.


These last two were early morning photos.  Above is a newer building in Al Balad and below is a beautifully designed mosque with a lovely minaret.  I was happy with the skies in all these photos and couldn't choose just one for SkyWatch.


To  visit MORE friendly skies around the world, fly on over to SKYWATCH  where you’ll find beautiful skies posted by bloggers all over the world.

6 comments:

William Kendall said...

Your first shot is my favourite.

Anonymous said...

Great photos!
I am glad to see how things are going with you!
Best, Julie

Spare Parts and Pics said...

It's amazing how the different skies totally change the mood of the photo! I like your blue hour shot.

Lady Fi said...

Wow - amazing sky shots.

betty-NZ said...

The sky is always fascinating as it changes constantly and your photos sure prove that!


Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

Pisi Prkl said...

Lovely architecture and lovely skies!