Friday, May 4, 2012

SkyWatch: When Will This Dust End?

Since January 2012 I have lived on the 6th floor of an apartment building in Jeddah. I'm able to see out the windows or from the rooftop for miles and miles.


If I cannot see the mountains in the distance, I know that the wind and dust is very bad that day. Some days I can only see for a couple of blocks.


This year by far has had the worst winds and dust storms since I moved here four years ago.


It has lasted for months now. On really bad days, school has been canceled and emergency rooms have been flooded with people who have respiratory problems.


Besides my breathing difficulties, trying to keep the house free of fine layers of dust everywhere is also a big problem.



To  visit MORE friendly skies around the world, fly on over to SKYWATCH  where you’ll find beautiful skies posted by bloggers all over the world.

5 comments:

Gaelyn said...

I just can't handle all the wind and dust, kind of like living in the southern desert here.

Sylvia K said...

This looks so bad! I grew up in west Texas where we had frequent sand storms and when the whole town looked very much like your captures! I do remember what it was like and I think that's one of the main reasons I love the northwest!!! Terrific, if scary, captures, Susie! Hope you have a good weekend with less dust! Take care!

Sylvia

Susie of Arabia said...

I've been coughing for about 3 months now, Gaelyn - it's awful.

Susie of Arabia said...

Hi Sylvia - I just can't believe it has gone on for so long. We have hardly seen any blue skies at all for months now.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh - poor you!