Sunday, February 24, 2019

Misspellings and Awkward Grammar in Saudi Arabia


Having had Miss Mahoney, the best ever English teacher in middle school, plus being married to an English major, I am very attuned to misspellings and grammatical errors that I see here on menus, signs, and products.  This post contains a few photos of English missteps that I found amusing. 

Aside from never before seeing baby eels sold in a jar,  I chuckled when I noticed that this product label actually misspelled the main ingredient of "eels" as "ells."


This t-shirt sported a very awkward sounding phrase - "You don't yourself have to prove" - which sounded like something Yoda from Star Wars would say...

Below is a case of bad spelling on the actual sign for the business, where "Shoes" is spelled as "Shose."  It bothered my husband so much that he went inside to point it out to the manager, who was already aware of the faux pas.


1 comment:

William Kendall said...

The t-shirt is my favourite.