Friday, February 8, 2019

Jeddah: Jewelry with Arabic Calligraphy Letters


A nice souvenir from the Middle East is a piece of jewelry with your name spelled out in Arabic script or even just the first letter of your name.  A shop called "Extraordinaire" (or "Extraordinary" - I'm not sure!) in the Serafi Mega Mall has a nice selection of Arabic lettered jewelry.


Extraordinaire has bracelets, rings, earrings, and necklaces with Arabic script on them.  I believe they also do special orders.


I think this medallion is just beautiful with the Arabic calligraphy on it.  I cannot read or write Arabic, so to me it looks like beautiful art.


This one is the letter "ayn." My good friend Vicki got me one for my birthday with the first letter of my name on it.  Thank you, Vicki!

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

The medallion particularly stands out.

Unknown said...

Do you have any information on a website to be able to purchase this jewelry?

Susie of Arabia said...

Sorry - I would have provided that if I could. I looked for a website before I made this post and couldn't find one. The shop "Etraordinaire" or "Extraordinary" is at several malls in Jeddah though, including Serafi Mega Mall.