Monday, February 4, 2019

Our World - Saudi Arabia - Camel Sighting!


Even though I've been living in Saudi Arabia for over eleven years now, I still get all excited when I see camels in the desert.  These photos were taken in the unique landscape of sand and sandstone mountains in the Al Ula area, which is more than 500 kilometers from Jeddah, where I live.


This herd of camels is much darker in color than the ones I usually see closer to Jeddah.  Arabian camels can range in color from black to almost white, and every shade of brown in between, and they only have one hump, which means they are dromedary camels. 


I'm sure my friend Laura got much better camel photos than I did with my camera phone!  Laura writes the blog Blue Abaya.  She has explored more places in Saudi Arabia than anyone else I know.  Her videos and photos of this kingdom are truly spectacular.  You can follow her on Instagram and Twitter @BlueAbaya

Be sure to visit OUR WORLD TUESDAY, where family-friendly bloggers share a unique glimpse into what life is like all around our ever-amazing planet.

2 comments: