Friday, June 29, 2012

SkyWatch: Lilac Chevy Tahoe


I like showing things from Saudi Arabia that might not be expected. I think a bright lilac colored Chevy Tahoe with matching colored wheel rims qualifies. The only thing is, the woman who likely owns this vehicle is not allowed to drive it, as women are forbidden to drive here.

UPDATE JUNE 2018 - I'd love to see the woman who owns this vehicle driving it herself around Jeddah now, as women have finally been given the green light to drive in Saudi Arabia - the last country in the world to grant women the right to drive. 


To  visit MORE friendly skies around the world, fly on over to SKYWATCH  where you’ll find beautiful skies posted by bloggers all over the world.


8 comments:

Carver said...

What a fun shot and it is an unexpected color on the car.

Jerry Mc Kenna said...

What a strange color for a car, especially since only men drive (it could be the beginning of a pimpmobile though).

Susie of Arabia said...

Today I just saw a bright purple Hummer with matching rims! These vehicles could possibly be owned by women, who cannot drive their own cars in this country.

Unknown said...

Susie, this is only the 2nd very pink car I've seen (saw one on the road in California). A Hummer, that's gotto be an American, lol! I don't think I could live where you do -I would constantly in a state of rebellion if I couldn't drive my own car!! So, I'm wishing you lots of grace and stamina to be your own person!

Susie of Arabia said...

Hi Emilie - Not being allowed to drive here is definitely a challenge and it makes transportation my biggest obstacle to enjoying a fuller life here. I do plenty of complaining and I have written many posts about women's right to drive. Considering that I have only been here 4.5 years, in that time I have seen some hopeful signs of great progress being made for women, even though to the outside world it appears slow and backward. The most exciting change for me has been the employment opportunities that have opened up for women. Thanks for your comment!

Brenda said...

That must be a florist or a wedding coordinator car.

Bouncing on Words
Life Less Ordinary
From my Points of View
Racheng’s Blog

Merisi said...

Interesting shade of lilac!

Misty said...

My four-year old great niece would adore this brightly colored car! :)